cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisRoberts
Level: Power Up

Need to create Flow that sends email from account supplied in Form

Hello,

I have a Form for a client to fill out when submitting data for a new user. I would like the Flow to take the Form data and send it as an email to our ticketing system, which will use the email to create a ticket. All works, but only because the form uses my 365 account as the connector to send the email, which makes the ticket appear as if I am the ticket creator and not the client.

How can I have the Flow send the email so that the client's email address is used instead. I've added a separate required line in the Form for the client's email address, but I don't see how to add it to the Flow without it looking like a "fake" email from that client. If it helps, the ticketing system is Autotask.

Thanks,

Chris R

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
scotth82
Level: Powered On

Re: Need to create Flow that sends email from account supplied in Form

Hi Chris,

The problem here is that your account is the 'Connector' in between MS Forms, MS Flow, Outlook and your ticketing system.  I imagine the real problem here is that your ticketing system is using the sender email address and your can't spoof it as Flow would just fail saying your don't have permission to send from that email address.

Can you save the form entry to a SharePoint list and then use flow to create the ticket via the autotask API with a http request?

Thanks

Scott

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @ChrisRoberts!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @scotth82‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
ChrisRoberts
Level: Power Up

Thanks Scott. Sorry for my late reply. You were correct that Autotask uses the sender email address to match the domain with the company for ticket assignment, but I gave up on making that work. Instead I switched from Outlook to the generic Mail connector which gives each ticket created a generic assignment, but I've also added a line in the Form asking for the submitter's email address and used the Flow to list that email address at the top of ticket, along with a few other items that are normally set during the ticket generation. These items must all be set manually after the ticket is created, but at least everything is spelled out to minimize the extra time on our Ticket Dispatch team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,655)