cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Need to get "created by" email address.

The flow sends an email to a user entered into a Sharepoint list form and includes a switch control to change the email depending on what's selected in a choice field. Works fine but I also need to CC the person who submits the item and none of the available options populate the cc field. Why is the flow able to get the email address in one people field (the "to" address) but not another - makes no sense.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Initially when testing this, I was sending emails to myself so the "created by" and "to" addresses were the same and I thought maybe Msft would drop the cc since it was the same address. But that seemed such a silly thing to do, I didn't try sending from another address.  Turns out that's exactly what's going on and my configuration works as long as the created by is different from the to address. Jeepers, what a terrible design - especially since there's no alert or flag telling you the duplicate address in the cc field is being dropped!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Just adding that even if I am able to get a valid submitter email address (using the "triggerBody"option), that address isn't cc'd on the actual email so doesn't get sent to the submitter. Bizarre...

Untitled.png

Highlighted

Initially when testing this, I was sending emails to myself so the "created by" and "to" addresses were the same and I thought maybe Msft would drop the cc since it was the same address. But that seemed such a silly thing to do, I didn't try sending from another address.  Turns out that's exactly what's going on and my configuration works as long as the created by is different from the to address. Jeepers, what a terrible design - especially since there's no alert or flag telling you the duplicate address in the cc field is being dropped!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi webbrewer, 

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Regards,

JAvier

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,307)