cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hermanocleas
Frequent Visitor

Need to merge/update an excel file with data from another

I have two files, one named statusCURRENT.xlsx and another called statusUPDATE.xlsx:

Hermanocleas_0-1629901373988.png

Hermanocleas_1-1629901417412.png

I need to copy data from column E "Rep notes" of statusCURRENT.xlsx to the matching row in statusUPDATE.xlsx then save statusUPDATE.xslx (with the column E data) as statsCURRENT.xlsx overwriting the old file. Leaving me with this:

Hermanocleas_2-1629901612949.png

CURRENT is a list of the current orders that haven't completed and UPDATE is an exported list of current orders that doesn't include the Rep notes.

I've found example flows that allow me to add rows from statusUPDATE to statusCURRENT that do not completely match but that leaves me with cleanup to remove duplicate orders (because one order has a ship date in the UPDATE file that wasn't in the CURRENT file) and I also have to go in and manually remove the completed orders that weren't listed in statusUPDATE. I've not been able to find the best way of doing this. Any tips, references, or advice is much appreciated. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,791)