cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Need to move an email to a folder based on variables

Hi, I need to move email to folders based on a certain word in the subject line. I can isolate the word correctly but when I try to move the email to that folder I get an error that email does not exists.

I've read some post related to this and the fix was to mention the full path of the folder from Indox

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Move-an-incoming-email-into-another-folder-if-the...

As I'm trying this, I try to select the folder "Inbox" then input "\" and my Variable my the "\" gets deleted automatically

I assume there is another way to do this?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need to move an email to a folder based on variables

Got it, 

Changed my concat to use / instead of \

Will test with other uses and post final results

Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @technipc_dsd 

Could try to use this expression "'\" (single quote and slash) to split folder name and file name?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @technipc_dsd 

Can you share more details? A screenshot of the error that you are seeing? Don't select anything and directly type Inbox\ and see if you continue to face the same issue.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi, Thanks for those quick answers

I tried to specify the name without selecting the folder with the folder icon, the "\" stays there but it can't find the folder

Error with folder in englishError with folder in englishError with folder name in frenchError with folder name in frenchValue without selecting the folder with browing iconValue without selecting the folder with browing icon

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @technipc_dsd 

If you see the error, there are 2 \\ in the passed param. Can you try running the flow without the \ and see once? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

I just noticed, as soon as I select a folder, if I input any caracter after the selected folder name, it gets deleted

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @technipc_dsd 

Yes. That is expected behavior. Which is why you need to remove the entire thing from there and type it. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

I tried without separating the selected folder and the variabletry2.JPGerror3.JPG

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @technipc_dsd 

So remove everything from there and simply type the first string and then \and then select the variable. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

I've tried several ways to get it right, I also change the display language for English to get rid of spaces and the accentuated caracters, my last try is to get the folder name in a Variable I can control but even that doesn't

Something is telling me I really have to work with the selection of the folder with the browse icon and work with that

error4.JPGtry3.JPGtry4.JPG

Highlighted

Got it, 

Changed my concat to use / instead of \

Will test with other uses and post final results

Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @technipc_dsd ,

As solution in your attached link, you should use the "/" instead of "\" in the folder path.

And it seems that your problem has been solved now, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,546)