cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kels89
Helper I
Helper I

Need to save date item was approved

I have an approval flow that saves in SharePoint. How can I save the approved date? Surprisingly, there is no dynamic content item for the approval date. I also don't see how to add a "Today" time stamp.

If I use the Modified field in SharePoint, is there a way to save two separate dates for two separate approvals within the same flow? And won't the modified date change if I manually change the SharePoint item later on? I currently have a field in my SharePoint list for the Section Chief Approval Date and the Division Chief Approval Date. I would love to save both dates, but I can change it to a single date once it's fully approved by both if that's the only way to make it work.

flow.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@kels89 

To retrieve the current date and time, use the utcNow() expression.  When updating the SharePoint list column, simply go to expressions rather than Dynamic properties and enter utcNow() and then click on "OK".

If this isn't what you need, please let me know.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Toanan
Regular Visitor

Hey @kels89,

To capture date and time at a particular step of your flow, you can use the "Date Time" action.

This action will create dynamic content that you can use in your scenario to update your SharePoint List Item.

Here are the actions available :

image.png

The "Current time" action will provide the UTC date and time, if you need some sort of conversion, you can use the "convert time zone" action. Using this action also allow you to define another format for your date and time.

image.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,

Antoine

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kels89,

The response dates are stored in the Response summary:

Annotation 2020-01-09 142139.pngAnnotation 2020-01-09 142055.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,196)