cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to update toggle in PowerApps based on approval flow

I am creating an app in the Common Data Service that requires a user to submit a form to their manager for approval.  Following approval, I want my 'Approved' toggle data card in my form to automatically change from no to yes.  Is there a way to do this through PowerApps or Flow?  I have tried to add an action in Flow (If Response = Approve, Update A Record -- Common Data Service) but nothing seems to be working.

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am afraid that is not possible currently.

We could trigger Flow to run within PowerApps, but currently there is no way for Microsoft Flow to pass the result back into PowerApps.

So there is no way available to have PowerApps Data to act automatically based on Flow actions.

Having Flow to update the Data source directly should be a workable way, but there is no way to have PowerApps to 'Refresh ' Data timely.

If you would like to have PowerApps to be able to receive Flow Action results, please consider subimt this as an idea:

Microsoft Flow idea

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,104)