cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDaniels-007
Frequent Visitor

Needing to email different addresses based on multiple text values from Sharepoint

Hello,

I have a SPO list that has a dropdown field called "region" with values 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. I need to have a flow that needs to send an email to a certain address based on the region chosen. There will be multiple records and this flow will be scheduled so it will look at all records when running.

IF region is 1, 2, or 3 needs to email mailbox1@domain.com

IF region is 4, 5, or 6 needs to email mailbox2@domain.com

IF region is 7 or 8, an email is not needed to send.

I've looked at doing a conditional IF, but am having issues with multiple region text values and setting the email address as a variable based on those.

Any ideas on how this might be accomplished with the fewest steps possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JDaniels-007,

If you want to send email based on different regions selected, I think condition or Switch could achieve your need.

However, the Switch control could only identify a single case to execute based on the evaluation of the switch input. So it could be 7 branches switch input if you use the Switch control.

vqiaqimsft_0-1655358798107.png

If you use the condition, you just need three steps:

vqiaqimsft_2-1655359225857.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JDaniels-007,

If you want to send email based on different regions selected, I think condition or Switch could achieve your need.

However, the Switch control could only identify a single case to execute based on the evaluation of the switch input. So it could be 7 branches switch input if you use the Switch control.

vqiaqimsft_0-1655358798107.png

If you use the condition, you just need three steps:

vqiaqimsft_2-1655359225857.png

Best Regards,
Qi
JDaniels-007
Frequent Visitor

Qi, thank you so very much. I went with the condition.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,626)