cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Condition action - can't get working, help!

Hi,

With the new 'Condition' action that caught me out yesterday I've read a couple of posts, but am still having problems that I just dont get. I'm not really an expert with the conditions, but after reading another post in this forum group it seemed to be pretty straight-forward to me. Whatever I do, it never flows down the correct 'tree' to the flow if the condition is false/true.

If I change the middle operand (is equal to/is not equal to) both conditions of the file (with a field populated and then blank) are flowing down one path only. Help! I dont get it...

This is my flow - its so basic and simple, I just need to get the condition working correctly when a blank field is detected.

FlowCondition1.pngFlowCondition2.png

Thanks,

Jason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: New Condition action - can't get working, help!

In the condition if you are checking for an empty column value Approvers  then try Approvers is not equal to null. You add the null from the expression tab over on the right.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've figured out that I'm not getting the file metadata to action on the condition, but even then I'm repeating a previous flow actions and I'm still not seeing the dynamic content at all, even before I put a condition into the Flow. Is this just bonkers?! The flow I was working on yesterday appears to be broken, so I've re-created it and the condition is working in a brand new Flow, now going back to basics I cant even get file properties to work before I even create the condition..   is this a bug/error in Flow?

FlowCondition3.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

In the condition if you are checking for an empty column value Approvers  then try Approvers is not equal to null. You add the null from the expression tab over on the right.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rob - that worked!

Now I have an issue in that 'For a selected file' the following action of 'get file properties' - I have no dynamic content to select whatsoever, its driving me nuts. If I add 'get file metadata' and THEN 'get file properties' I can only get it to work by specifying the file identifier explicitly...

FlowCondition4.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I think there must be a bug in the get file properties action. If you click in the Library Name box you get the Dynamic Content for the "For a selected file". But when you click in the Id box it disappears.

Rob
Los Gallardos

get_file_properties_bug.png

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

So annoying - I'm having to use 'For selected item' instead of 'For Selected File' and enter a custom value for the document library to get this flow to work! I've wasted the whole morning and the previous afternoon because of this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,844)