cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Level 8

New Flow START An APPROVAL captures Comments from approvers but we cannot use the comments

New Flow START An APPROVAL  captures Comments from approvers  but we cannot use the comments  because it is not in the DYNAMIC content list ...  HELP. i need to capture the COMMENTs  especially one of the APPROVERS (Summary of responses)  had REJECTED and hence the RESPONSE is "REJECT"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New Flow START An APPROVAL captures Comments from approvers but we cannot use the comments

Hi JenVitug,

Please consider to add a parallel branch in your flow. You will be able to choose your second action and then it will show up alongside the first action that you had. If needed, you can continue to add additional actions in parallel.

According to your scenario, I create a flow likes below. In the flow, I add two “Start an approval” actions, after the approval actions, add an action “update item”. I can select corresponding comments for each field. In your case, it should be Comment1 field, Comment2 field.

3.PNG

Hope it could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JenVitug
Level 8

Re: New Flow START An APPROVAL captures Comments from approvers but we cannot use the comments

I found the comments (in the See More portion of the dynaminc contents list).  However,  this is my scenario.  I have 3 approvers, hence  i need to capture the comments of each approver and PUT IT in appropriate  fields in the Sharepoint list item  (e.g.  Comment1 field , Comment2 field, Comment3  field )

How do i  implement that in my Update an item in SP when all i see is just 1  generic   COMMENT in the dynamic content list

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi JenVitug,

Please consider to add a parallel branch in your flow. You will be able to choose your second action and then it will show up alongside the first action that you had. If needed, you can continue to add additional actions in parallel.

According to your scenario, I create a flow likes below. In the flow, I add two “Start an approval” actions, after the approval actions, add an action “update item”. I can select corresponding comments for each field. In your case, it should be Comment1 field, Comment2 field.

3.PNG

Hope it could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

JenVitug
Level 8

Thanks @v-yamao-msft, i did that parallel solution  to capture the individual comments  (per approver)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,043)