Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yama_Vin
Advocate I
Advocate I

New Sharepoint list item from an email

Hello Community, 

Our clients wants to develop a ticketing system and below is their requirement .

1) When an email receives to the support@abc.com, client wants to create a new Sharepoint list item with  email subject ,from address, and email body. 

2) When someone reply for that email, they want us to update the already created list item with the new content from the email. The list item needs to be updated every time when they receive reply for that email chain.

We think, we can do the first requirement using flow. but, can we do the second requirement(2) using flow? 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks, 

V

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The second requirement will be more difficult because it will be difficult to separate the new content in the reply from the old content.  One potential workaround would be to try to determine if the original email is included in the reply or not and then either replace the body or append to it depending on whether the original is present.  But its definitely a more challenging requirement.  It might be better to define something that just stores the original email and then all the replies separately with a sort that shows the latest reply on top, but with the ability to drill down to earlier versions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for your reply. We also thought, this will be a more challenging requirement.

Do you think, it's possible to attach the email to the list item, whenever a new reply comes in?  if yes, How would we associate a new email reply to the correct list item? 

Also, what would be the best work around you can think of? 

Appreciate your help. 

Thanks, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,708)