cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benniewoods
Frequent Visitor

New Sharepoint list item to excel template

Hi,

I've been looking a lot, but couldn't find the correct solutions.

(f.e. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Export-data-from-sharepoint-list-to-Excel-templat...)

I have a Sharepoint list where users can place new requests (items). What I would like to have is the information from the new item directly into an excel template (shipping form). So people paste a project name, shipping address and due date for example, and I would like to have this information into a specified place on the excel template.

What is succeeded in doing now is creating an excel file that stores all the items. But what I would like to see is that only the new item is transferred to the template, and that the blanc template remains on the drive. So I want the flow to open excel in the defined format, and adding the information to the sheet. A nice to have is that the document is also named after the project name that was filled in the Sharepoint list.

Any help is appreciated.

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Benniewoods,

Could you please tell me what is your trigger?

Do you want to add a new row to excel when a new item is created in SP list?

I have a test for you, please check as below.

vqiaqimsft_0-1638936176673.png

vqiaqimsft_1-1638936239882.png

Write the following expression within the Filter array and Condition:

string(triggerOutputs()?['body/ID'])
empty(body('Filter_array'))

vqiaqimsft_2-1638936272632.png

Best Regards,
Qi
Benniewoods
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qi,

Thanks for your reaction! Indeed the trigger is when a new item is created.

I more or less build something, but it feels very cumbersome. I build the flow underneath, which more or less does the same. The data is put into the template, and is then emailed to the requester so he can fill the order form with other necessary data.

Benniewoods_0-1638970599031.png

The file contains the table with all new entries

Benniewoods_3-1638971210775.png

I then use this formula in excel to get the last row/information in the table:

Benniewoods_1-1638970857181.png

That data is then linked to the order form where I need my data

Benniewoods_2-1638970930149.png

- Do you have any ideas to make this more efficient?

- At this moment the complete list with all the orders is also in the excelfile that is send to the customer (tab is hidden, but still)

- Do you see opportunities to create a unique excel file with Project name/requester/date in the title?

Thanks!

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,223)