cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New User Approval

Hi there,

I am trying to run a flow for a new user process, whereby a user is requested and passes different approval dependent on requester. The idea is:

A list item is created for new user, line manager and other information captured

IF the creator of the list item is the line manager, send approval ITOperations@domain.com

IF NOT the line manager (HR, for example, may request), send approval to line manager

once line manager approves, send to ITOperations@domain.com

Once approved, create new Sharepoint item list (using a flow to format data ready for script, such as UPN, samAccountName etc)

Is there a sensible way to do this? I wonder if I can use the Switch Control to update status, but can't quite get my head around it!

thanks,

Jake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JGO ,

You may consider using either Switch cases or Conditions.

In the following scenarios, I am going to use the Job title of the creator to check if the creator is Manager or HR. I have added all the related info of users in my organization in Azure AD previously, including the Job title.

The first scenario is using the Conditions.

After the trigger When an item is created, add a Condition to check if Created by JobTitle is equal to Manager.

Under if yes branch, start an approval to ITOperations.

Under if no branch, send an approval email to the Manager first, then add Condition2 to check if the Response is equal to Approve. If yes, send approval email to ITOperations.

1.PNG

The second scenario is to use the Switch cases.

Under the trigger add a Switch case on Created by JobTitle. On case Manager, start an approval to ITOperations directly. On case HR, send the approval to Manager first, then send approval email to ITOperations if the manager approved the request.

2.PNG

Please take it for a reference.

About how to add or change user profile info, please check the following doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-users-profile-...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JGO ,

You may consider using either Switch cases or Conditions.

In the following scenarios, I am going to use the Job title of the creator to check if the creator is Manager or HR. I have added all the related info of users in my organization in Azure AD previously, including the Job title.

The first scenario is using the Conditions.

After the trigger When an item is created, add a Condition to check if Created by JobTitle is equal to Manager.

Under if yes branch, start an approval to ITOperations.

Under if no branch, send an approval email to the Manager first, then add Condition2 to check if the Response is equal to Approve. If yes, send approval email to ITOperations.

1.PNG

The second scenario is to use the Switch cases.

Under the trigger add a Switch case on Created by JobTitle. On case Manager, start an approval to ITOperations directly. On case HR, send the approval to Manager first, then send approval email to ITOperations if the manager approved the request.

2.PNG

Please take it for a reference.

About how to add or change user profile info, please check the following doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-users-profile-...

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks very much, will give it a go!

Highlighted

Hi @JGO ,

How is it going?

If it works for you, please mark it as Answer.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,690)