Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

New email arrives, condition to only look in the new message in a thread

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Microsoft Flow, and I would like to build the following flow: if somebody mentions me (@Name) then I get a mobile notification from Flow. I set up the following so far:

- Trigger: when new email arrives

- Condition: [Body] containts @Name

- If yes: send mobile notification

The only problem with this implementation, if there are multiple responses to an email, I get a notification each time if I was tagged in the original email, but not mentioned in the current responses. How can I change this flow to only look for mentions in the new message part, now in previous responses?

Thanks,

András

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New email arrives, condition to only look in the new message in a thread

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your feedback.

According to your description, I created a simple flow for testing. I am getting the same issue you mentioned.

When a new response without @name in the email body arrives the inbox, it will be still send the notification as the original email body with the @email.

I will help confirm it on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New email arrives, condition to only look in the new message in a thread

Hi Mabel,

Could you please confirm if there is any workaround on this?

Thanks,
András

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,804)