cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

New hire process

Looking to create a flow that will trigger when a form is completed with the new hire details (name, start date etc.). I am thinking that I could have the process setup in Planner and then have the flow copy the Plan and assign people to each task (apparently when you copy a plan it does not copy over the assigned people) and populate due dates for each task backtracking from the start date.  Not sure how to set this up and if there are any better ideas to do this I would appreciate the input.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

fastest way I've found is to use MS Forms.

Have a simple form that captures (from HR or the Manager) the needed info and then have flow get the data and off you go.

Forms is reasonably feature rich ... you get it with an Office 365 license and it works really well with PowerAutomate.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @melopodia ,

I agree with @craigyappert  and you could create a flow with trigger "When a new response is submitted" of Form connector.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@melopodia 

Hey there. You may want to check out the templates in Power Apps as there is one just for Onboarding.

You could do it in Power Automate, but it would be good to map out the process and tasks first to give you a framework of exactly what needs to be automated.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi Mel,

Unfortunately the planner flow action / triggers are a bit limited.

You could have a SharePoint list that you enter the required data into, and then a when item created flow that creates and assigns tasks in a on boarding plan, i think you should be able to create a new bucket for each user, however it will all be the same plan.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

fastest way I've found is to use MS Forms.

Have a simple form that captures (from HR or the Manager) the needed info and then have flow get the data and off you go.

Forms is reasonably feature rich ... you get it with an Office 365 license and it works really well with PowerAutomate.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @melopodia ,

I agree with @craigyappert  and you could create a flow with trigger "When a new response is submitted" of Form connector.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,302)