cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MindfulMike
Frequent Visitor

New to PA. Need help creating reminder emails for different due dates in list

Hi, 

So I need to create a flow per due dates on this list below. I want the flow to look at 'Category' column and if it says 'Holiday' I want a 3 day reminder based on the Due Date and if it says 'Last Day to Bill' I want a 7 day reminder based on the Due Date. Dates will not be the same month to month. 

MindfulMike_1-1638388075826.png

I have created a static future date reminder flow but it looks at all items Due Dates on the list and then sends an email no matter if it's Holiday or Last Day to Bill

MindfulMike_0-1638387902158.png

MindfulMike_2-1638388574414.png

Is there a way to use what i've already created and make the filter more dynamic?

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NiloferA
Super User
Super User

Hello @MindfulMike ,

Here is what you can do

1. Create a Recurrence Flow which will run everyday and check the Category
  2. In this Flow add a condition, if the Category is Holiday, call another Flow which will calculate the wait time, wait till then and send a Reminder Email and if the Category is Last Day to Bill, call another Flow which will do the same
  3. Things to keep in mind while implementing this logic, for an item if the subsequent Flows are already waiting, you don't want to start another instance of the same Flow. So you will have to maintain a new Column that stores the info as to whether a Reminder Flow for it has been started or not

Let me know if this is clear enough for you or you need some more help on this topic.

Please hit Kudo or Accept this Reply as Solution if it resolved your problem. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NiloferA
Super User
Super User

Hello @MindfulMike ,

Here is what you can do

1. Create a Recurrence Flow which will run everyday and check the Category
  2. In this Flow add a condition, if the Category is Holiday, call another Flow which will calculate the wait time, wait till then and send a Reminder Email and if the Category is Last Day to Bill, call another Flow which will do the same
  3. Things to keep in mind while implementing this logic, for an item if the subsequent Flows are already waiting, you don't want to start another instance of the same Flow. So you will have to maintain a new Column that stores the info as to whether a Reminder Flow for it has been started or not

Let me know if this is clear enough for you or you need some more help on this topic.

Please hit Kudo or Accept this Reply as Solution if it resolved your problem. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for replying NiloferA!

I tried to put you logic in PA and came up with this, please let me know if this is what you were referring to or if I completely missed the mark here. The 'Category' column in my list is a lookup so I used 'Category Value' in my condition. The flow has no errors but when I run it no email comes back even though I have some test items on my list. I just wanted to see if the 3 day one for Holiday would work before I try to add the second reminder email flow for Last Dat to Bill.

MindfulMike_0-1638473882485.png

MindfulMike_1-1638473952790.png

@NiloferA  I took your conditional format logic and added it to my flows in my first post. It works! below is the end result:

MindfulMike_0-1638475746449.png

MindfulMike_1-1638475818990.png

MindfulMike_2-1638475867030.png

Thank you again! if you were thinking of another way to build this flow out I'd still like to know, or if you see any protentional issue with my flow please point them out.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,332)