cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwylie
Regular Visitor

New to Power Automate - need help creating PA to copy records in D365

I am super brand new to using Power Automate, and trying to understand the language is proving difficult. I'm trying to create a Power Automate to copy from one record to another on separate entities. I am able to get open text fields and date fields to copy over, but struggling to copy/associate child records from the sub-grids on form A over to form B. I've asked around but I'm still not quite sure how to figure this out. I've googled but nothing seems to really give me an explanation for certain steps and I can't get anything to work. I don't need to create new child records, I just need to associate them from one record to another.

I have 2 custom entities:  Warranties and Projects.  After a warranty is created I want to be able to run an instant flow to copy everything from the record over to a new project record, including whatever records are associated in the sub-grids.  Again, I don't want to recreate the sub-grid records, I just want to associate the same record over to the project.

Here's what my flow looks like so far - steps 1 through 3 work a treat and copy over the open text and date fields.  I am really... really stuck on step 4 - List Rows.  Not a clue what to do, I have tried so many things over the last 2 weeks and nothing is working.  I don't know what I am doing!!

hwylie_0-1620925684989.png

This is where I'm stuck.  I don't know what table/entity to use for List Rows, I don't know how to create the filter query.

hwylie_4-1620926013864.png

Help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Achavan
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi ,

you can use sub grid entity/table in list rows,

in list row use filter query warranty eq 'guid of warrany from trigger' or you can use fetch xml as well.

reference blog for fetch xml - https://ankitapowerblog.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/use-fetch-xml-query-in-power-automate/

hope this helps !

Thank you for the response, I tried that but when I test the flow it fails.  I get the message "Could not find a property named 'pro_warranties' on type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.pro_warranties'."  'pro_warranties' is the name of the entity, so I am at a loss once again!

hwylie_0-1621015903203.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,342)