Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
td1979
Helper I
Helper I

New to Power Automate - need help getting an item from a list for a user

Hello,  

New to Power Automate/SharePoint and Power Apps - enjoying learning - but Im stuck!

I have a SP list (maintenance requests) that users can add to from a Power app. When the user creates an item, or maintenance update an item notifications are sent as needed - all working great (currently email notifications).  

I am stuck with what seems a simple problem I hope someone can help me with.

I have a second list (NotificationSettings) that holds records of if user wants to receive an Email or app notifications or both. 

User (person/Group) | WantsEmail (Y/N) | WantsNotification (Y/N)

My problem: 

In my 'When an item is created' flow of the 'Maintenance requests' (list 1) flow, I need to check the users preference in the NotificationsSettings (list 2).

i.e. 

When List 1 item is created

If 'Maintenance User' wantsEmail = true (in List2) then InitialiseVar wantsEmail = true

If 'Maintenance User' wantsNotification = true (in List2) then InitialiseVar wantsNotification = true

Carry on in flow from List 1 item creation

Can someone help me with how I get an item from a second list to use in a flow triggered by the creation of an item in a different list

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
td1979
Helper I
Helper I

So I resolved this after further reading: 

for anyone looking for help on this I used 'Get items' connected to the second list, and filtered using Username/Email er 'Created by Email' where Username is my person/group column name. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
td1979
Helper I
Helper I

So I resolved this after further reading: 

for anyone looking for help on this I used 'Get items' connected to the second list, and filtered using Username/Email er 'Created by Email' where Username is my person/group column name. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,303)