cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynde001
Level: Powered On

New to flow- need to have an email sent when a Live Data column hits a certain Number

So a have a live database which in turn has a Live dashboard in excel which is comprised of tables. I need to send a wf when a fail column hits a certain number. Can someone help? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to flow- need to have an email sent when a Live Data column hits a certain Number

you should be able to use a condiition for this using the Is Equal To condition.

under the No condition, meaning its not equal to the value in question, you can use a terminate action.

cynde001

Re: New to flow- need to have an email sent when a Live Data column hits a certain Number

So I know I have to use recurrance as it needs to keep looking at it. I have tried with the Excel business get row, then condition, my info and I have my send email but it returns a bad gateway on the excelis there something else I should be using? Used to Sharepoint designer. sorry

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @cynde001,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?
Where does your Excel file store? OneDrive folder or SharePoint library?

Further, could you please show more details about your Excel table?

I have created a Excel file on my side and the data structure of it as below:13.JPG

I assume that your Excel file is stored in your SharePoint library and you want to send an email notification when the Retweet count column hits 100

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "Recurrence" trigger, Interval set to 1 and Frequency set to Hour (I assume that you want to run your flow every hour).
  • Add a "List rows present in a table" action, specify Location, Document Library, File and Table. 
  • Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of the "List rows present in a table" action.
  • Within "Apply to each" action, add a Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@equals(int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Retweet count']), 100)

Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Send an email" action.

Note: The Retweet count is a column in my Excel table, on your side, you should change the Retweet count into the column that you want to detect within your Excel table.

Image reference:14.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:15.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cynde001

Capture.JPG

cynde001

Here is my excel sheet the data comes from a line on the production floor. so when the fail hits 3,. i need it to send an email. 

Capture.JPG

cynde001

Here is my excel sheet the data comes from a line on the production floor. so when the fail hits 3,. i need it to send an email. 

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,345)