cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New trigger - 'For a selected file' ID - no dynamic content yet

Having stumbled across the recent addition of the 'For a selected file' trigger (because it broke all of the Flows I had using 'For a selected item' for document libraries), I'm now in the process of rectifying the broken Flows.

I noticed that the ID dynamic content for the new trigger doesn't appear to have been set up. In the meantime, I believe you can use the expression triggerBody()['entity']['FileId'] . (Note: I'm yet to test the expression, I copied it from another action, will update if it doesn't work).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New trigger - 'For a selected file' ID - no dynamic content yet

Hi @Anonymous ,

Indeed, as you have described, Dynamic content may not be available when configuring certain fields.

You could use the following two methods to solve the problem.

The first is the Expression you mentioned. In fact, all Dynamic content can be represented by Expression.

triggerBody()?['entity']?['FileId']

Image reference:

9.PNG

The other is to use Compose to get the specified Dynamic content, then configure Compose in the specified field.

Image reference:

10.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New trigger - 'For a selected file' ID - no dynamic content yet

Hi @Anonymous ,

Indeed, as you have described, Dynamic content may not be available when configuring certain fields.

You could use the following two methods to solve the problem.

The first is the Expression you mentioned. In fact, all Dynamic content can be represented by Expression.

triggerBody()?['entity']?['FileId']

Image reference:

9.PNG

The other is to use Compose to get the specified Dynamic content, then configure Compose in the specified field.

Image reference:

10.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,538)