cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie! Excel to update another Excel

Hi, I am new to this. I have managed to fix some flows thanks to this forum 😄 So thanks for that!

To my question, 

I have an Excel sheet on Onedrive for Business, everytime a user adds something to the specific table within that spreadsheet I want the same value to be imported to another Excel worksheet, also located in Onedrive.

I have tried "Create a row in another spreadsheet for a selected row" but it doesnt seem to work. 

So, lets say that the table in Excel document(1) contains "Items" and "Value" when someone adds something to "Value" I want it to be added in Excel document(2) under "Price"

Thanks for the help

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Anonymous 

Currently a trigger for when a row is inserted in an excel table is not supported in flow. You can use the when a file is modified and then get all the rows and update the excel sheet based on that. This could also be done using a recrrence trigger. (It would not be as fast but a workaround for now)

You can raise an idea here or upvote already existing ones to include the above trigger in any future releases. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Anonymous 

Currently a trigger for when a row is inserted in an excel table is not supported in flow. You can use the when a file is modified and then get all the rows and update the excel sheet based on that. This could also be done using a recrrence trigger. (It would not be as fast but a workaround for now)

You can raise an idea here or upvote already existing ones to include the above trigger in any future releases. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (25,934)