cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Newbie having difficulties

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before, or covered before, I did search but couldn't find.

Anyhow, I'm completely new to Flow, and probably being stupid but ...

I'm trying to edit a flow based on a template, but anytime I click to add a new action into the flow I get a white box with the exclamation mark in.  If it makes a difference, I'm trying to add from  planner.

Second step

Any hints?

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Newbie having difficulties

Thanks, I've just tested some more this morning, and I can't repeat the behaviour.  I'm working from home today, so I guess I need to see if there is some issue with the office network, or whether it was some other issue with the systems yesterday.

Thanks all for the help, hopefully my next issue will be a "real" issue!

Thanks,

Chris

@v-yamao-msft wrote:

Hi @ChrisLongstaff ,

Are you able to add an action to a different flow?

Does this issue only occur on Planner actions?

The issue could not be reproduced when adding planner actions into an existing flow.

What’s your location? Could you try to hover on the red mark to see if you will get any message?

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ChrisLongstaff 

For sure this is not a problem of the template itself. Could you please verify somethings?

- It is happening always or only with Planner tasks?

- In your picture there is a red exclamation mark inside the blank box, could you click on it to see the error?

- When a planner action is added for the first time, the authentication and license verification is done in the background, does your account have Planner license, right?

Let's see what we can do 🙂 

Regards

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous 

I just checked, I entered a step (list files from onedrive), and that worked.  However, as soon as I clicked to add another step, the same box appeared.

Clipboard 1.jpg

There is no way to click on the exclamation, it appears not to be linked.  Equally hovering over it does not come up with anything.

I assume license is ok, as if I run directly with the template without editing, it runs ok

Clipboard 1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisLongstaff ,

The issue could not be reproduced when adding planner actions into an existing flow.

What’s your location? Could you try to hover on the red mark to see if you will get any message?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks, I've just tested some more this morning, and I can't repeat the behaviour.  I'm working from home today, so I guess I need to see if there is some issue with the office network, or whether it was some other issue with the systems yesterday.

Thanks all for the help, hopefully my next issue will be a "real" issue!

Thanks,

Chris

@v-yamao-msft wrote:

Hi @ChrisLongstaff ,

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,324)