cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Topgun2001

Newbie trying to read an email and get the data in a csv file through Power Automate

Hi All,

A complete newbie here with Power Automate. Need some help and guidance. 

I am looking to get the following details from the email entered or paresed into a csv file (if the file doesn't exist then the process should  create the file first), and continue getting the data appended until 7 PM, and then move the file to a location through ftp.

Order Number, Order ID, Product ID, Your Phone number, Email address, Submitted on, Submitted by

If the csv file doesn't exist then the process should create a csv file. The emails read are then moved to a folder "Order details" within Outlook. 

Emails received are around 5-10 per day or less. So, I am not looking to buy the RPA version.
In parallel, if there is a way to create an excel or sharepoint list  with the following data  :Emails read on <date>:<# of emails read >on that day, will help me match the number of emails kept in the folder vs the count of total email read in that excel sheet or sharepoint list.  

Appreciate any help here. 

Email content is below.

To: <my email address>

Subject: Order details for GoogleUser

Body:

Submitted on Sat, 04/10/2021 - 21:56
Submitted by: GoogleUser

Here are the entries

Order number

Order ID

APF314678

Product ID

Your phone number

Email address

googleuser123@google.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Topgun2001,

I create a Flow according to your description and export it as a zip file, you could import it into your Flows and use the Email body preview instead of the data in the Compose action to test:Screenshot 2021-04-12 174425.jpg

And the output will be like as below, you could use it to create the csv file:

Screenshot 2021-04-12 174903.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Topgun2001,

I create a Flow according to your description and export it as a zip file, you could import it into your Flows and use the Email body preview instead of the data in the Compose action to test:Screenshot 2021-04-12 174425.jpg

And the output will be like as below, you could use it to create the csv file:

Screenshot 2021-04-12 174903.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (67,757)