cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OttarLM
Regular Visitor

No Dynamic content | Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response

Hi All,

Yesterday I started building a new group of Flow's for managing an invoice creation process we have at my company.

1. I started by triggering the flow by "When an item is created or modified".
  2. Next was to send an adaptive card to the person who modified the list item "Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response".  To collect more data.
  3. Next step "Compose", to put together some text
  4. A new adaptive card "Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response" to a user specified in the first adaptive card. I also used data from the first card to fill in this card.
  5.   Then came the problem. When I was supposed to update the list item "Update item", I could not get Dynamic content from the last Adaptiv card.

I then tried to troubleshoot by create a completely new flow.  Then i was not able to get dynamic content from the first card either.

I do not understand what I have done wrong, I have done this many times before, without any problems.

Could this be a license issue?

1 REPLY 1
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have found sometimes with adaptive cards, you actually have to type in the expression instead of the dynamic content. Give this a try...

In your Update item, create expression of this format: 

outputs('Post_an_Adaptive_Card_to_a_Teams_user_and_wait_for_a_response_2')?['body']?['data']?['VARIABLE']

• If you renamed your Adaptive Card, then the "Post_an_Adaptive_card..." will need to be updated accordingly (I am assuming this will be named with a 2 since this is the second time you are using this call). 
  • Change 'VARIABLE' to the name of the field you want out of your adaptive card

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,400)