cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Dynamic content showing

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a flow that I've build many times before - or at least that's what it feels like -; starting with initializing an array variable and creating an HTML table.

But the flow doesn't load dynamic content for the 'from' field of the HTML table and I can't figure out why... Does anyone have an idea? It does load the Variable field, but I should be able to select another field.

Many thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

The output of Get item action in the 'Html table' action is of type 'Object'. The value must be of type 'Array'.

So you should use the Get items action with the Filter Query ID eq 'ID(from the trigger)', then put the value into the Create HTML body.

Annotation 2019-08-28 163646.png

The resulting run:

Annotation 2019-08-28 164039.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous  the first action after the "When a new item is created" trigger needs to be a SharePoint "Get item" action. You select the site and list and then the ID of the item. Once you've done that the columns in the list will be available to you for subsequent actions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

get_item.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RobElliott ,

Thanks for your superswift respons!

I'd tried that indeed, but it doesn't seem to help:

Capture1.PNG

Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Merel

You do need to have something in the from field which you haven't at the moment,. And I assume that you are adding something to the variable later on in the flow. But I've basically replicated what you are doing in my example below and I get the SharePoint columns to select from dynamic content.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

createHTMLTable.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RobElliott ,

Thanks again!

I am (in both scenarios) able to select dynamic content in the Value field, however I usually make my HTML tables from a dynamic content-field, which is not possible now as the dynamic content is not showing up in the From field.. Also, in the subsequent Apply to each that I want to use, I can only use the variable and not a column from Dynamic content... 

I must be doing something else wrong, any ideas? Thanks again!!

Merel

The dynamic content won't show up in the from field and, logically, it shouldn't.

What apply to each? There isn't one in your flow!

Rob
Los Gallardos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RobElliott ! Indeed I hadn't posted the rest of the flow as it was rather long.

I have a flow running where I can indeed select dynamic content in the From field for an HTML table:

Capture3.PNG

I want to do more or less the same, but with an array variable, in this case:

Capture4.PNG

I want an email to be send for a field with multiple choice options. In the email, all choices that have been made should be listed. 

I hope this clarifies the problem, my apologies for not providing the entire flow immediately.

Hi @Anonymous,

The output of Get item action in the 'Html table' action is of type 'Object'. The value must be of type 'Array'.

So you should use the Get items action with the Filter Query ID eq 'ID(from the trigger)', then put the value into the Create HTML body.

Annotation 2019-08-28 163646.png

The resulting run:

Annotation 2019-08-28 164039.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @v-litu-msft ! That did the trick!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,122)