cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraemeNZ
Advocate II
Advocate II

No Undo & No Version History? Unbelievable!

I can't find any way to undo a change, nor can I find any way to restore from a previous version (version history). Is this really true? This is completely out of sync with MS Office - ever since the first version of MS Office you could undo the last change (CTRL+Z) and since Office went to the cloud all other apps also have a version history option.

I saw some other threads on the forum from a few years ago where power users replied to add it to another thread for development, but I can't access that thread so I'm raising it here.

So, I went and made a significant change to my flow that hasn't worked, so now I want to undo that change but I can't so my only option is to recreate the flow from scratch which took me a long time to do in the first place... unbelievable!)

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Ctrl-Z will work to undo things until you save the flow.  Once you do that you are correct there is no undo and no version history.  The simplest way to do a version history is to use SaveAs to make a copy of a flow before making a major change.  That way if it fails you can go back to the copy that you made under a different name.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi - but you have to acknowledge this doesn't make sense, right? I can't test my flow until I save it. If I try and test my flow without saving it I am prompted to "Save & Test"

And I know that I can save and save as and save as again and again, but if I'm also making structural changes to the SP List then every time I revert to the previous copy I may have to go through and relink (is that the correct term?) each control to the correct place... Which kinda misses the point. We haven't had to save multiple copies of MS Office things in any other app for years, so why is Automate so archaic?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm just providing what work arounds are available.  MS didn't ask me for help in designing the product.  It is what it is.  Add a suggestion in the New Ideas forum if you would like to request this capability. Power Automate Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Thanks for the link to the idea forum - the previous one I found on a post from 2018 took me somewhere that no longer works.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The forums have been restructured since then.  That's why the old link doesn't work anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,464)