cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No dynamic content available - "Select an output from previous steps"

Hello,

I'm trying to create a flow for a form. Have done several in the past without issue but it has been a while. I wonder if something has changed in the process? I successfully choose the trigger event and select the form ID. The next stage is to choose an action, and I pick "Apply to each". The following field is compulsory and requires you to pick from dynamic content panel on the right. This, however, comes up with 'no dynamic content available". I am after an entry labelled "List of responses", so I can proceed to the next stage to get response details and set up emails to go out. Can anybody troubleshoot this for me or suggest some things to try. I've tried two different browsers (IE and Chrome), cleared the cache. Compared the form to others created before, and there is no difference there.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: No dynamic content available - "Select an output from previous steps"

Hi @sniemine 

If you're using the Microsoft Forms 'When a new response is submitted' trigger you are obtaining the information related to a single response and not a collection of responses... i.e. you can't use 'Apply to each' response because you are only getting the information about the response which triggered the Flow.

To obtain the response details you need to do something similar to:

2.png

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @sniemine 

If you're using the Microsoft Forms 'When a new response is submitted' trigger you are obtaining the information related to a single response and not a collection of responses... i.e. you can't use 'Apply to each' response because you are only getting the information about the response which triggered the Flow.

To obtain the response details you need to do something similar to:

2.png

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much. This has sorted it for me. There must have been a change to the way Flows are created at some point, as the solution now does not include a bit that I had to work into the flow before. No matter, easier now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,937)