cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dalty
Level: Powered On

No dynamic content option

I am trying to initialize a variable. In examples I see there is an option for dynamic content, but I seen no such link, and my expressions end up being text.

I've attached what it looks like for me, the compose and initialize variable steps.

Also attached is what i see in examples. A link to add dynamic content. How do I enable this so i can paste in an expression.

Thanks.

What I see:

Compose.pngInitialize.png

What I see in examples:

example.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dalty

Re: No dynamic content option

I have tried this on a different computer and it's now working as expected. Perhaps there was a browser issue.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
dalty

I have tried this on a different computer and it's now working as expected. Perhaps there was a browser issue.

View solution in original post

YatinMumbai

I am facing the same issue. It is not working in any browser. I don't have option to use another computer as I will eventually need it working on my laptop for further development.

YatinMumbai

Correction! I can see the Add Dynamic Content on another PC and was able to use it. However, I need it working on my primary laptop. Why is it hidden? Bug?

Rob_Whelan

I am also having this exact problem.

@YatinMumbai wrote:

Correction! I can see the Add Dynamic Content on another PC and was able to use it. However, I need it working on my primary laptop. Why is it hidden? Bug?

claudia

I have the same problem. get file properties.PNG

Rob_Whelan

It's the video resolution on your computer.  I found that there are apparently two 'modes' for displaying that content and it depends on the vid resolution which one you get.  Actually sometimes there are things that show  up in the mode for low res (1280x720 in my case) that don't show up in the bigger view (1600x900).  I sometimes switch between them so in my case anyway it's the screen resolution that's the magic factor.

claudia

Hi Rob,

I have tried to change the resolution and is still not working Smiley Sad .

Rob_Whelan

Wow.  That was definitely my answer.  I can replicate the problem perfectly with video resolution changes and switch between the two modes very easily.  Is there anything special about your setup?  Increased font sizes? Any adaptive tech for visual imparement? Browser set to shrink or magnify?  Maybe try a browser with a different setup.  I find I have to use Chrome to get good performance when programming Flows.

claudia

I never had this issue. Yesterday I created a flow and I had no problems with this.

Rob_Whelan

Does it work on a different machine and/or browser?  Most people reported it working on some computers and not others which is how I wound up finding the resolution thing.  I don't know the exact resolution that changes it for me, but I switch between 1280x720 and 1600x900 and it works every single time.  It's the only factor I've found that fixes it for me.  :-(

claudia

I have tried on Internet Explorer and on Edge. I don't know if this issue reproduce on another computer.

But it is very strange that I didn't have this issue until today.

Rob_Whelan

I agree.  It's strange.  I use Chrome for mine.  I don't know if that will help.  I think I'm out of ideas otherwise.

claudia

Thank you for your kind support!

I will try Monday morning again, maybe it will be better.

YatinMumbai

IT WORKS! Changing resolution worked! In fact, first I changed the resolution to a larger one (2560x1600), and then I changed it back to recommended resoltuion (2736x1824), it still works. 

The Problem is TEXT SIZE: I had set the font text size at 250% (Scale and Layout option in Display Settings). When I changed to 225% it works and I see Dynamic Content link. At 250% it does not show the link. 

Hope this helps others. Thanks to @Rob_Whelan for the tip.

Rob_Whelan

The text size thing makes sense too.  I think it's got to be some percentage of screen space that has to be available  before Flow will show that dynamic content full menu thing.  I'm glad your problem is resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 182 members 4,412 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: