cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabt

No more formulas?

I used to make my flows to schedule planner tasks to be created on a recurring basis. In order to do this I would say I have a flow starting on a certain date in the recurrence area and then for the planner create a task area I would put start time as utcNow() and use add days to specify when it would be due. It should recur on a monthly basis from there on out. I can't put formulas in or expressions so I am not ure how to proceed?

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gabt ,

Can you provide more details to explain your needs?

It seems that you only need to use Recurrence as the trigger, and then set the interval to once a month.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So I do that, but if the start date in the create a task box is a static date - i thought it would not keep running each month? I would use the utcNow() to get the date to change each month depending on the month, and then use the add days to utc now formula to say how many days later it would be due. 

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gabt ,

You can try to configure Flow according to your ideas. If you have any questions, you can share the screenshot of your configured Flow to us in order to provide you with a suitable workaround.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So lets say I have a flow and I want it to recur every month on the 1st and then make it due 5 days later. How do I go about doing that? I know the start date I use in the recurrence area, but I used to use a formula in the planner area of the flow so that the date would know to change each month, then I would use an add days to the utcNow formula to make it due in five days from the day it shows up as a new task. If I can't put formulas in anymore, how do I enter start and due date so that the dates change each month? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,468)