cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

No row was found with Id '1', however I am checking against "Data ID" and not "Id"

(Please respond to the other, identical, posting here: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/No-row-was-found-with-Id-1-however-I-am-checking-....

I created this post, then realized that it is better posted in Building a Flow, so copied the data there. Now, I can't find a way to delete this post.)

I have a iterating primary ID being generated programmatically via variables and expressions, entering static integers into the column, Data ID, such that row 2: Data ID = 1, row 3, Data ID = 2, and so on (row 1 is headers).

Here is the set-up in Flow:

setup for no row was found with id 1.png

When I attempt an "Apply to each" identifying the Key Column as "Data ID" and the key value as the current value of "Data ID," I see in the run report that Data ID was the Key Column, the Key Value used in the first iteration was "1" then get the error message 404: No row was found with Id '1.'

error report no row was found with id a.png

To my inexperienced eye, it looks like:

I am asking flow to look for a row with "Data ID" to be equal to "1" then

Flow goes and tries to find a row where "Data ID" equals "1" and then, for some reason, says that

it can't find a row with "Id" equal to "1" which is a problem, for some reason.

How do I make Flow look for a row to update with "Data ID" equal to 1?

Yes, Data ID = 1 exists
Data ID 1 exists.png

What key concept am I missing on this? Or, is this yet another one of the many bugs in Flow?

Thank you in advance for your help; it is very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: No row was found with Id '1', however I am checking against "Data ID" and not "Id"

Hello @BenDonahue 

Excel does not like spaces in the column names.

Please remove the space in your excel column.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: No row was found with Id '1', however I am checking against "Data ID" and not "Id"

Hello @BenDonahue 

Excel does not like spaces in the column names.

Please remove the space in your excel column.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenDonahue ,

Does this problem still bother you? Have you tried the suggestions provided by @Jcook to improve your configuration?

Perhaps you can consider using the string() or int() function to format the key value into an integer or string and see if similar problems still exist.

I speculate whether it is because of the type of the field that caused this error.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

I doubted this was the issue, but, after changing all column names and all references to those columns, it works fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,167)