cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misc1234
Frequent Visitor

Non-stop generation of approvals triggered by outlook365 email meeting certain criteria

Hi, I am new to flow and am trying to create an approval process triggered by new outlook365 email that meets certain criteria in the subject. However, when trying to do this - a single email that meets the criteria results in a non-stop generation of repeated approvals that don't stop until the flow is turned off.

I have tried using the generic templates and changing the trigger to the outlook365 new email - still getting the same issue.

Can anyone help so that only one approval is created for the single email trigger opposed to non-stop generation?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response,

I can't seem to upload any images but I have provided a link below:

https://i.imgur.com/LHypk30.jpg

The trigger is "when a new email arrives (v3)" and new approval items are generated over and over until the flow is turned off - regardless of if I respond to any of the approvals. 

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misc1234 ,

I see there is a send an email action in your flow, please check your flow and make sure the flow wouldn't send an email to re-trigger the flow and cause the loop.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@misc1234

Can u please share screen shots from ur flow?

There must be an update action cause the flow to be retriggered, so are u updating the same item upon approval?

What is the trigger of your flow? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Thanks for the response,

I can't seem to upload any images but I have provided a link below:

https://i.imgur.com/LHypk30.jpg

The trigger is "when a new email arrives (v3)" and new approval items are generated over and over until the flow is turned off - regardless of if I respond to any of the approvals. 

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misc1234 ,

I see there is a send an email action in your flow, please check your flow and make sure the flow wouldn't send an email to re-trigger the flow and cause the loop.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (38,759)