cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AndreAdc
Level: Powered On

Not able to get decimal fields from Excel listed as field on D365 for Finance and Operations

Hi community,

I'm building a Flow to create purchase orders in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations based on lines provided in an Excel sheet. I'm using the List rows action from the Excel for Business connector. When I choose an action of type Create a record in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, I can see the list of Excel fields on string typed fields like the item number. When I want to have the same lookup for decimal type of fields, the list is empty. 

I reviewed the Excel sheet and noticed that the Excel cell type for the quantity and purchase prise was set to standard. I already tried to change this to decimal.

This is not helping me to show the correct fields. I cannot create the order lines without the quantity. Does anyone has experience how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Not able to get decimal fields from Excel listed as field on D365 for Finance and Operations

Hi @AndreAdc,

I am afraid that you may need to convert the value’s type to string or others. Please check the following doc on Conversion functions for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#c...

Hope it could be a reference for you.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Not able to get decimal fields from Excel listed as field on D365 for Finance and Operations

Hi @AndreAdc,

I am afraid that you may need to convert the value’s type to string or others. Please check the following doc on Conversion functions for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#c...

Hope it could be a reference for you.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

AndreAdc
Level: Powered On

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for your reply. It helped. Using the float() function, it works. Pretty stupid thing here is that another sheet on another entitiy of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is working correctly on the decimal fields without this float() function.

I wonder what is the trigger in Flow to show what columns to choose from. I also wonder if the float function is smart enough to recognize local settings for the decimal symbol.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 276 members 5,634 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: