cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerrym
Level: Power Up

Not all columns show in SharePoint Update Item

I'm trying to use the SharePoint Update Item action to update a list item.    I see that the action lists columns to be updated and makes them all required (whether you want to update them or not).   But it does not list 'all' columns and there is no option to add the missing columns.   However,  I do see the missing columns in the 'dynamic' content that is availble for update values.

Are some column types no supported in  Update Item?   Is there some attribute in the list settings that will make the columns appear/not appear in an update item flow?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Not all columns show in SharePoint Update Item

Hi Jerrym,

As far as I know, Person/Group, Lookup, Choice, Calculated, Managed Metadata, External Data column types are currently not supported in the action “SharePoint Online--Update item” yet. So you are not able to update these columns, but you can use these columns’ value to update other available columns, so you could see these columns in the “Dynamic content”.

Could you show me your column types in your list?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Jerrym,

As far as I know, Person/Group, Lookup, Choice, Calculated, Managed Metadata, External Data column types are currently not supported in the action “SharePoint Online--Update item” yet. So you are not able to update these columns, but you can use these columns’ value to update other available columns, so you could see these columns in the “Dynamic content”.

Could you show me your column types in your list?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jerrym

No need,  that answers my question.   It's not a very useful action with this limitations. 

Thanks,

JM

staffsarge

That's very unfortunate.  

There is a problem/limitation where if I'm setting up alerts based on status changes (e.g. moving from 'planned' to 'scheduled'), the only way to do that is to set a 'when item updated and this status field = scheduled - send an alert'.  However, this means that any time anything on the entire item is updated whilst the status field = scheduled, what is considered a duplicate alert is sent out.

The workaround posited here where you apply a condition to check the status value before the item was updated and if it matches - no alert is sent.  If it doesn't match (i.e the status value has been updated), then the alert goes out.  

That workaround, is rendered useless - due to this limitation.

So what I'd consider a widespread requirement is not possible with M$ Flow and therefore, the entire process is takin out of the MS environment and handled elsewhere.

efialtes
Level 8

josy1024
Level: Powered On

Im getting a Workaround for writing any Attributes in Document Library from Taxonomy.

grab Value and Attribute ID from Taxonomy store.

Initialize a Variable with the "Attribute Value"|"Attribute unique ID"

eg: Value|133327b0-bbca-402a-8d1b-xxxxxxxxxxx

org.PNG

change the Variable with Your Needs in Flow.

update Document Properties and the MMD column with the Variable.

org_update.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 366 members 6,411 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: