Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Not equal to null

Why is the flow ignoring my condition?

I also tried with unsuccessfully with leaving the field blank and "".

111.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Not equal to null

@Dricc 

So, the phrasing is a little weird...but you've got it set up right.  The Yes path should be if there's something in the field, and the No path with mean it is NOT not blank (or..."blank").  It might be easier to set the condition to "is equal to" and switch the two paths, just to make it easier to read.

Either way, if you're not getting the expected results, can you show what the data looks like going in and coming out of the step?

Thanks!

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Dricc 

You need to use the empty expression. Please see below blog by @AlanPs1 

https://www.alanps1.io/power-platform/flow/flow-so-where-has-edit-in-advanced-mode-gone-on-condition...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Dricc 

So, the phrasing is a little weird...but you've got it set up right.  The Yes path should be if there's something in the field, and the No path with mean it is NOT not blank (or..."blank").  It might be easier to set the condition to "is equal to" and switch the two paths, just to make it easier to read.

Either way, if you're not getting the expected results, can you show what the data looks like going in and coming out of the step?

Thanks!

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you @edgonzales . My Send Email step that comes after the condition was simply outside the condition. I placed it inside the YES and it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,331)