Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Not possible to change Flow trigger

Hi all

I have implemented a Flow (let's call it Flow#0) triggered when a new email arrives to a specific folder (folder A).

Now I have to implement a similar flow, when a new email arrives to a second folder (folder B).

As I have successfully done in the past, I thought the best strategy wuld be to take the original flow, remove the trigger and add a "When a HTTP request is received" trigger instead.

This way I should implement two new flows (Flow#1 and Flow#2) , each of them trigered when a new email arrives to folder A and folder B, once triggered both of them would invoke Flow#0.

I cannot delete the trigger on Flow#0 and add a new one, Flow Editor states that "The current step cannot be deleted because an action depends on its outputs"

So, I review all steps one by one, the only one referring to the trigger is the first Action Block (Initialize Variable). I remove Trigger outputs from this action block, save Flow#0, then edit it again. Surprisingly, the trigger cannot be deleted yet, Flow Editor still states that "The current step cannot be deleted because an action depends on its outputs"

I have reviewed Flow#0 three times, there is not any other action depending on current Trigger outputs.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Not possible to change Flow trigger

Hi @efialttes,

I cannot reproduce your issue. After I removed all the outputs that are related to the trigger and replace them with something else. Save and edit this flow again, the trigger could be deleted successfully.

Please take a screenshot of all the detailed configuration of this flow. Including all the actions and the fields.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@v-monli-msft

First of all, thank you for the time spent reviewing this issue.

My flow is quite complex, with more than 20 action blocks. Is it better for you if I export it into a .zip file and send it to you?

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

hjaf
Level: Powered On

I have just encountered this same issue, i cannot see any reference to the triggerBody object in the json for the flow.

I have tried exporting and re-importing the package without success.  

Any news on possible cause for this? Bugs like this take a lot of time 😕 

rmason-pets
Level: Power Up

Hi,

I'm sure you resolved this already but after facing the same issue I found I could use the code editor and replace the trigger block with a new trigger block. To do this I created a new flow with the trigger I wanted and the copied the trigger block over to the flow I wanted to replace.

Hope this helps someones in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,872)