cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Notification in teams on Timeline post of lead owned by user

Hello,

my task is to send a notification to the owner of the record on which timeline a post has been posted.

However when I get information about the post, there is no regarding field - so i cannot identify to which record &entity (e.g. Lead) and respectively the owner of the record is this referred to - Any suggestions on how to find this would solve it for me!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Notification in teams on Timeline post of lead owned by user

Hi vseykov,

Thank you for your post. The Activity item should have a reference to the object for which it is related (for example, a lead record). If you review the output of the Flow for the activity item, it should reference a GUID to this item (look for “_regardingobjectid_value").

With this GUID value you will want to use a Get Record action to retrieve any needed field values from this record for use later in the Flow. Note that the owner field may reference a User record too in which case you will also need to retrieve fields from that record as well

Thank you,

Rory

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi RoryL,

thank you for you comment, however the Posts entity seems to not be included into the activity entities. 

I found an additional entity below Posts called Postsregarding, however it seems that is for internal use only and it is not possible to read the values from it. I am desperately running out of ideas on that case

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello,
Could you please share a screenshot of your flows configuration.

Thanks

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Notification on post.jpg

The configuration is very basic.

the regarding object id values that are visible below are lookup properties that I tried to extract and based on microsoft docs should be read-only,  however the step does not return me anything or I am not configuring it correctly:

regarding object ID Value: @{triggerBody()?['_regardingobjectid_value']}

regarding owner ID value:@{triggerBody()?['_regardingobjectownerid_value']}
Business Unit Value: @{triggerBody()?['_regardingobjectowningbusinessunit_value']}

Here is a link to the lookup section in microsoft Docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/web-api/post?view=dynamics-ce-odata...

In the system, the post clearly shows to which entity it is connected and from there I can get the owner of the record to notify him

2.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi vseykov,

Thank you for the information. It looks like you will need to add a step to reference the related record(s), for example a Lead record.

To do this, use the regardingobjectid record value as the item identifier in a Get Record action for the CDS connector later in the Flow, and before using the post to Teams action. This will allow you to get additional details from this Lead record (such as the owner details).

Note that it may be necessary to also use the same step again in the Flow if this owner value for the lead is a reference to another object, such as a user record, through an additional Get Record action.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Rory

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,987)