cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordonrettie
Frequent Visitor

Notify me when an email arrives in a shared mailbox subfolder

Hi all

noob here so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I am looking on how i can achive a flow that will do the follwing...

I want to be notified in teams when an email arrives in a shared mailbox subfolder 

is this possible?

example

Inbox

Actioned emails

Errors <<<< I want to get told when any emails comes into this subfolder

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @gordonrettie,

Yes this should be possible by using the When a new email arrives in a Shared Mailbox (V2) trigger action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#when-a-new-email-arrives-in-a-shared-mailbox-...

whenanewemailarrives.png

Thanks, ill try that!

I was looking in the wrong place DOH!

re this it seems not to work !

what happens is the "new email " comes into the inbox and if there is an issue it gets MOVED to the error box and its not triggering!

any ideas?

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @gordonrettie,

This action won't be triggered when you move the e-mail. It will only be triggered when it arrives at your inbox. This is because the received date property doesn't change after moving it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#known-issues-and-limitations

The When a new email arrives (V3), When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2) and When a new email mentioning me arrives (V2) triggers are based on the date and time an email was received. Moving an email to another folder does not change received date property value so the triggers will skip any email that was received prior to the latest successful run.

Hi @gordonrettie, what do you mean by "issue"? And what is "error box"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,955)