cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juan_fungi
Level: Powered On

Notify owner when item assigned (SharePoint list modified)

Hello All,

I'm new to flow and am looking to this community for some support. I've have been searching and experimenting the past week and cannot find resolve.

I have a SharePoint custom list where anybody in my company can submit a problem they encountered that prohibits their work. Office 365 Cloud, Classic experience, InfoPath form.

When the user submits a problem, they choose a date value, business unit (lookup), Process (lookup), and provide a description of the problem (currently Title, single line text).

Once the problem is in the system, an administrator will review and assign the problem to an appropiate Owner (Feild =Assignee), select a due date and add additional comments if warrented. Update Form.

At this point I want flow to send the "Owner" an email notifying of the assignment and provide them with a link to the item. This seems like a simple task but has become quite the headache, producing repeating email loops 100+

I need to have this sorted out asap, and appreciate any support or advice.

Here are all the actions I hope to achieve from Flow in this list: Should I create seperate Flows or merge into a single flow?

Initial Problem Entry:

Flow 1: Notify ‘CreatedBy’ when a new item is created, set ‘status’ to “1 unassigned”.

Problem Assignment: Flow 2: Notify ‘Assignee’, set ‘status’ to “2 Active”.

Problem Verification:

Flow 3: Notify ‘Assignee’ when ‘ImplementationDate’ equals now.

Problem Resolved:

Flow 4: Set ‘status’ to “3 Resolved” when ‘DateClosed’ is not equal to “null”.

Problem Closed:

Flow 5: Notify ‘CreatedBy’ when ‘DateClosedFinal’ is not equal to “null”, set ‘Status’ to “4 Closed”.

Back to my original question. Here is a screen shot of my current flow to notify Problem Owner. This is based on JohnLiu method at http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/5/microsoft-flow-sharepoint-trigger-on-specific-fields-changed-via-sp-h...

2 REPLIES 2
juan_fungi
Level: Powered On

Re: Notify owner when item assigned (SharePoint list modified)

SherlockFlow1.PNGSherlockFlow2.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Notify owner when item assigned (SharePoint list modified)

Hi @juan_fungi,

Do you want to send an email to user when an item is assigned to him?

The trigger you are using is When an item is created or modified. When using this trigger, flow would be triggered whenever a new item is created or modified.

According to your description, it seems that the list will be updated by different users several times, so every time a modification for the item is made, it will trigger the flow. Then the flow would be updated by the modification, and the modification would trigger another run…

I have seen a similar request on Disable Event Firing when Flow updates a SharePoint list item, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Disable-Event-Firing-when-Flow-updates-a-SharePoint-l...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,870)