cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User25
Regular Visitor

Notify requestor (email or teams) that a task has been completed

My first flow uses Microsoft Forms  to create a task in Planner. I know that the dynamic field of responder's email is available at this point in the flow. I have also added the responder's email to the description of the task alongside some other information.

I am stuck retrieving the responder email in a separate flow based off when the task is completed.

My current flow is 

When a task is completed -> Get Task Details -> Post message in chat or channel 

This flow is not dynamic as it does not alert the requestor but it does create a generic message in the teams chat which I can then mention the requestor's name in order for them to get notified about the request completion.

5 REPLIES 5
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @User25 :

You could use the expression to get Completed by user id and get the user profile:

triggerOutputs()?['body/completedBy/user/id']

vbofengmsft_0-1629859420774.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi, 

I do not need to inform the user id of the person who completed the task but the person who originally requested the task. 

The ideal scenario is that the flow would create a task when someone completes the Microsoft Form. This task would be assigned and completed by me. I just don't know how I can utilize Power Automate to send an email back to the original person who completed the Microsoft Form.

Hi @User25 :

I suggest you create a SP list——

• After creating the task, create an item in the SP list that contains the task ID and the responder's mail.
  • After the task is completed, go to the SP list to retrieve the item with the corresponding id, and get the requestor ’s mail

Best Regards,

Bof

can you walk me through the process of creating a sharepoint list?

Hi @User25 :

vbofengmsft_0-1630026820437.png

vbofengmsft_1-1630026941358.png

vbofengmsft_2-1630026961206.png

vbofengmsft_3-1630026997554.png

vbofengmsft_4-1630027010704.png

vbofengmsft_5-1630027038234.png

Maybe this link will help you:

Sharepoint List / Planner linkage - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,539)