cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snickell
Level: Powered On

Null values from excel

There are two columns in an excel sheet I'm trying to take in data from. The first one gives me a null value when I reference it, and the second one works properly. There's no difference in my implementation of the calls to the cells, and yet one gives me the correct "" value, and the other gives me null. Regardless of what kind of data is put into Fresh water, it will give me an error, and yet waste water is always fine. What could be causing this?

This photo is my excel sheet snippet

Capture.PNG

This photo is the output from the compose, "click to download" is part of the problem i'm having.

Capture2.PNG

This photo is what value is being passed into the document I'm exporting the info to. 

Capture3.PNG

This photo is showing that I reference them in the same way when I compose them

Capture4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
snickell

Re: Null values from excel

Discovered that there were spaces before the column titles, and flow needs the first thing to be a character. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Have you verified that the Excel table columns are formated the same within the Excel file? If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

snickell

Discovered that there were spaces before the column titles, and flow needs the first thing to be a character. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 106 members 2,013 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: