cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrylJP
Helper I
Helper I

Number of Days between 2 Dates

I have a Flow i created to output a Table to HTML, format it, and send it via email.

I want to add another column that shows the age of an outstanding incident but am stuck on it/can't get it to work, despite using the various threads on this matter as reference. My failures seem to keep being stuck on the fact my "Date Recieved" field is of type mm/dd/yyyy with no timestamp.

I am simply trying to calculate the numbers of days between utcnow and 'Date Recieved' in an Apply To Each function so i can attach it to my HTML table for multiple rows.

I tried the ticks method but keep getting an error regarding my data being a string and not the proper timestamp format.

I do have a calculated Aging field already in my Sharepoint List but when i append it to the table 8 days comes out as 8.00000000000 which is not ideal.

Does anyone know of a proper method to achieve this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarrylJP ,

Please provide a screenshot of the current Flow configuration so that we could provide you with the appropriate expression.

In addition, you could refer to this blog to learn more about the usage of ticks() function.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Flow-Calculate-Date-Diference/ba-p...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @DarrylJP 

Could please post your ticks expression you are using?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarrylJP ,

Please provide a screenshot of the current Flow configuration so that we could provide you with the appropriate expression.

In addition, you could refer to this blog to learn more about the usage of ticks() function.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Flow-Calculate-Date-Diference/ba-p...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DragonLord
Helper II
Helper II

how about giving us a DateDiff function?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,017)