cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O365 Group Form responses with attachments to Sharepoint List items using Flow

Hello everyone! I really hope someone can help me out here as I have scratched my head quite a lot with this problem.

Anyways as the subject already described we would like to have a flow which will automate the process of getting Form responses with attachments to Sharepoint List.

I followed this tutorial, but there is slight difference which generates the issue - we have O365 Group Form not user form, which means that Form responses are saved to Sharepoint not OneDrive for Business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foy8i6jPZrg
Our current configuration looks like this:

image.png

This part is understandable. JSON is parsed also correctly:

image.png

Now we create Sharepoint List Item:

image.png

But now comes the part which gives me headache. Everythings seems to be okey and logical. We want to get with "Get file content" from the parsed ID with JSON of the file in Sharepoint. After that we want that file to be attached to Sharepoint List Item as attachment:

image.png

This is the from I submit:

image.png

But it doesnt work unfortunately. Sharepoint List Item is created, but there are no attachments:
image.png

And if we look at the Flow Run it says failed:
image.png

And it says that File Not Found:
image.png

When I put there OneDrive for Business as in the video I get this kind of error, which is understandable as these files aren't located there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @martlehtmets ,

You can get the file contents according to the File path, and manually enter the File path.

/Shared Documents/Apps/Microsoft Forms/GroupFormName/QuestionName/@{items('Apply_to_each')['name']}

Image reference:

96.PNG 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @martlehtmets ,

You can get the file contents according to the File path, and manually enter the File path.

/Shared Documents/Apps/Microsoft Forms/GroupFormName/QuestionName/@{items('Apply_to_each')['name']}

Image reference:

96.PNG 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Wow...that's the thing when you struggle with something. IMHO I tried this option also, but probably did something still wrong. IT WORKS NOW!!! Thanks a ton @v-bacao-msft !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft is there a way to show multiple attachments from the Group forms to one single Sharepoint list item? 

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

I'm still unable to add attachments following the above solution; any guidance on possible causes would be appreciated. 

Dummy file location saved from a group form. 

dummy file location of the uploaded attachmentdummy file location of the uploaded attachment

JSON node gets the correct file name, and the link does lead to the right file.

Parsing as expected - name of dummy file seems correctParsing as expected - name of dummy file seems correct

Get file content follows the same process folder path but I still get the below error 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Route did not match\r\nclientRequestId: 8dbd2d74-8c81-4e7e-9bce-4c681fed0b15\r\nserviceRequestId: 8dbd2d74-8c81-4e7e-9bce-4c681fed0b15"
}

input to the get file connectorinput to the get file connector

Any ideas welcome. 

Thanks. 

I tried as @v-bacao-msft  wrote, all looks ok but when I check list and attachment, name and extension is there but when I click on attachments file is not readable....XLS or PDF the same problem...

Helper I
Helper I

I managed to do it as shown above but a problem occurred to me, when there is no error attachment so how do I create a condition if there is an attachment do the process if I didn't continue? I tried that way but as I check that the "anexo" field form has an attachment?forum7.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,773)