cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ODATA Filter Syntax for O365 Event Recurrence

Hi All,

Relative Power Automate newbie here, so I'm sure this is fairly straightforward, but I can't find a reference on this anywhere, so...

What is the correct syntax to filter Get Events (V4) by recurrence? I had tried Recurrence/PatternedRecurrence but that throws an error.

Basically, I'm trying to create a flow to add my recurring Outlook meetings to a Google calendar. Here's what I've got so far:

image.pngimage.png

Thanks for any help!

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @istewart,

The start property couldn't be used in the filter query. As a workaround, you could add a Filter array action under the Get events action to achieve it:

Screenshot 2020-10-30 132103.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi @v-litu-msft,

Thanks for the reply. Actually though, the Start/DateTime filter and ordering in the flow I show above does work. I can share it if you'd like to give it a try. This issue I'm having is that my oldest recurring meeting I need to import is from 2016, so to add it using the flow as-is, I'd have to import hundreds, maybe thousands, of old meetings I don't care about just to get the recurring ones I do care about.

Still, the technique you're showing can be modified to achieve what I'm after. It's just not as efficient as using the ODATA filter. For example:

image.png

The only issue here is that I still have to get hundreds/thousands of events and THEN filter them down, whereas filtering the query BEFORE the Top Count would make things more efficient. For example, if I know I have 13 recurring meetings to add, I could set the date to the first one and top count to 15 et voila.

It'll work for now, but if anyone knows the filter query syntax for recurrence (e.g. "recurrence/PatternedRecurrence ne 'none'" except it's not that 😛 ), I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Ian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,622)