cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

ODATA filter on Get Items returns error One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.

I am dizzy from going around in circles with this for so long...

I am attempting to apply a filter to Get Items:

2020_12_17_11_01_07_Edit_your_flow_Power_Automate_Brave.png

and I get the error:

One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.

I presume the list it is referring to is the list I am trying to get items out of and I presume the field it is referring to is the field I am trying to get items from. But seriously, do I want to delete that column? It's got my valuable data in it. 

As a test, I ran the Get Items with no filter, it runs fine and returns 100 items out of the list. Then I added a variable to grab the values from the field I was referring to in my failed filter attempt. It grabs the values fine:

2020_12_17_11_11_00_Edit_your_flow_Power_Automate_Brave.png

Result:

2020_12_17_11_16_30_Run_History_Power_Automate_Brave.png

So, to me, that seems to indicate my Employee/Value field is OK. Would that be a valid assumption?

Can anyone steer me in the direction as to why my filtering attempt may be failing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz,

Please have a try this syntax:

Employee/FullName eq 'value'

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz,

Is the column Employee a Choice type one?

If so, you just need to do is use the columnName eq 'value' to filter query, for example:

Screenshot 2020-12-17 154819.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft , thank you for your response. Actually not it's a Lookup column.

2020-12-17 18_52_37-List Settings - Brave.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz,

What's the name of the column in the sub list related to the master list lookup column?

Best Regards,

Hi @v-litu-msft in the Master list it is called Full Name

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz,

Please have a try this syntax:

Employee/FullName eq 'value'

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Hi @v-litu-msft , OK because I have a space in the field name I tried 

Employee/Full_x0020_Name eq 'John Smith'

but the returned error was

One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz,

OK, have you ever renamed the Full Name column?

If answer is yes, you should input field internal name into it:

Find the internal name of SharePoint column — HelpDesk for Office 365, MS Teams, and SharePoint 1.x ...

Best Regards,

Hi @v-litu-msft , thank you for that pointer, it's the end of the day here, I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-litu-msft , I must have mis-typed the previous test as when I went and checked the Full Name name is in fact 

Full_x0020_Name

so I tried it again and this time it worked! so thank you once again.

I notice that in the Employee lookup we also have other fields from the Master selected, ie Mobile No:

2020-12-18 07_36_10-Change Column - Brave.png

Is it possible to filter based on Mobile No?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz,

Yes, you could have a try.

Best Regards,

Thanks @v-litu-msft , and for the record I did try and it worked, simply by referring to the field name in the parent so 

Employee/Mobile_x0020No eq '0400000000'

worked perfectly. Thanks once again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (84,269)