cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

OData syntax for sharepoint column with a space - Get Items action.

I really am not thrilled that I have to learn an entirely different language to do filters in Flow.  But, that is what we have to live with, so I have to bother everyone with how to do this.

My Sharepoint column has a space in it.  How do you format the filter statement with a space in a column name.  I have tried these methods without success.

Part Number eq DVPartNumber

'Part Number' eq DVPartNumber

Part_x0020_Number eq DVPartNumber

Its hard to believe there are yet other ways to do this.  I need to know the right way.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OData syntax for sharepoint column with a space - Get Items action.

Hi @martinav,

Please try to enter the following code:

Part_x0020_Number eq ‘DynamicContentColumnName’

If you are trying to use a dynamic content in the code, please surround it with a single quote.

Please try it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

I have learned with further experience that the single quotes are required for text columns, and no quotes are required for number columns.  

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

This is now urgent.  I hope for some help on this asap.  How to write this filter to account for a space in the column name.  I have way too much on this sharepoint list to change the name of the column.  I need the answer on how to include the space.  Please advise!!!image.png

Super User
Super User

Of course, my band aid to make another column, calculated to contain the information of the other did not work either.  Flow does not like the calculated type.  HELP!!!

Thank you.

Super User
Super User

More failed attempts... HELP!!!!

PartNumber eq DVPartNumber "Column 'PartNumber' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."
'Part Number' eq DVPartNumber "Column 'T900004' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
Part_x0020_Number eq DVPartNumber "Column 'T900004' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."
Part_Number eq DVPartNumber "Column 'Part_Number' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."
{'Part Number'} eq DVPartNumber
{'Part_x0020_Number'} eq DVPartNumber
{Part Number} eq DVPartNumber "The $filter expression \"{Part Number} eq T900004 and Rev eq 3\" is not valid."
{Part_x0020_Number} eq DVPartNumber "The $filter expression \"[Part_Number] eq T900004 and Rev eq 3\" is not valid."
['Part_Number'] eq DVPartNumber "The $filter expression \"['Part_Number'] eq T900004 and Rev eq 3\" is not valid."
[Part_Number] eq DVPartNumber "The $filter expression \"['Part_Number'] eq T900004 and Rev eq 3\" is not valid."
[Part Number] eq DVPartNumber "The $filter expression \"['Part_Number'] eq T900004 and Rev eq 3\" is not valid."

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @martinav,

Please try to enter the following code:

Part_x0020_Number eq ‘DynamicContentColumnName’

If you are trying to use a dynamic content in the code, please surround it with a single quote.

Please try it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Super User
Super User

Thank you so much.  That did work.  The nuacne of syntax is overwhelming.  I do not even know how to define what dynamic content is.  It is still a matter of trial and error.  The next column used in my statement, Rev, requires no quote.  This is my resulting statement that works.  

image.png

Super User
Super User

I have learned with further experience that the single quotes are required for text columns, and no quotes are required for number columns.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 330 members 6,086 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: