Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TCH
Level: Powered On

Odata filter Column value = xx

Hi there guys, 

i have a SharePoint list that is linked to a flow. The flow should "Get Items", however, I only want it to get the items where the column "Inkl." is equal to "yes", so that the statement would be If('Inkl' = 'j', true), can anyone help with the Odata syntax that would be required to achieve this simple thing. 

The column Inkl. is a text column 🙂 

Thanks in advance
- Tobi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Odata filter Column value = xx

@TCH 

Flow uses the internal name of a SharePoint column in OData filters.  The columns internal name is frequently not the same as the name you see - the display name.  An easy way to see the internal name is to look at the output of a Get items action after a run.  You need to refer to a column in the same manner as you see it referred to in the Get items output.  The internal column name is created when the column is created an will never change.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@TCH 

The OData filter will probably look like this assuming that you are looking for the column to equal yes and it is a text column:

Inkl eq 'yes'

Please note the single quotes around the word yes.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TCH ,

Please make should the column name is Inkl when it is created, and make sure the column shouldn't be a renamed column.

As @ScottShearer  said, the expression in the Odata filter should as below:1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TCH

@v-alzhan-msft & @ScottShearer 

That is what I thought it would look like, but no matter what I do i will not regocnise the column, it keeps giving me the error, BadRequest, saying that the column does not exist?? Any of you tried this before, and have a possible solution? 

TCH

@v-alzhan-msft @ScottShearer  think I found the reason, flow detecs the name as Inkl_x002e_ for some reason, so now it works, do you know if I can expect it to keep reading the name for the column as Inkl_x002e_ or if this will just change at some point meaning that I would have to change it again? 

Thanks 🙂 

Super User
Super User

@TCH 

Flow uses the internal name of a SharePoint column in OData filters.  The columns internal name is frequently not the same as the name you see - the display name.  An easy way to see the internal name is to look at the output of a Get items action after a run.  You need to refer to a column in the same manner as you see it referred to in the Get items output.  The internal column name is created when the column is created an will never change.

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,960)