cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LuisGuzman98
Level: Powered On

Odata filter query not working, expression not valid or the column appears to not exist

Hello, 

Some time ago I have developed a flow for creating and updating a sharepoint list from an excel file that entered the list. I developed in a small testing list and it worked. By now I´m trying to implement it on a bigger sharepoint list of 3700 items and it is not working. 

I got a part where I filter query for an ID that it is present in the Excel file uploaded an in the sharepoint list. What I want is to capture from aaall the list just the rows with the ID's founded in the excel file. The filter query is not working. 

Sometimes it appears that the column I´m trying to reach does not exist, and actually it does, it is just I don´t know why it doesn't detect it. Sometimes I changed the name of the column, it does find it but it throws the error "The expresion:... it´s nos vallid". 

if I change the value to Title it does detect it. But the action doesn´t return any value. Maybe the titles is another column, but then why does it let me create a column with that name?

My error: 

This is how my field column is named in my Sharepoint list:

image.png

This is my fliter query in the flow:image.png

This is my error:

image.png

I'm going crazy. Somebody know how to solve this?

I really need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Odata filter query not working, expression not valid or the column appears to not exist

Hi @LuisGuzman98 ,

Please try the following method.

The fields that need to be configured in the Filter Query are first filled in Compose, then the mouse is moved to the corresponding Dynamic content to view the expression, and then configure the marked part in the Filter Query.

Image reference:

98.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

Re: Odata filter query not working, expression not valid or the column appears to not exist

Hi @LuisGuzman98 

I can see a whitespace in your SharePoint column name CRM ID. Try replace this with below

CRM_x0020_ID

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LuisGuzman98

Hey @abm !

Thanks the reply, I´ve entered that but it throw back at me the following error: 

"Column 'CRM_x0020_ID' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user"

image.png

I entered this way:

image.png

I really don't know what could be wrong. If insead of that I insert 'Title' it does accept the expression.

Super User
Super User

Try without spaces

CRMID

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LuisGuzman98

@abm

No

It didn't work either

image.png

I really don´t know. please help. This same exact process does work with another sharepoint site and list. This list in the onw I´m trying to implement the flow right now is larger. 

Super User
Super User

Try this

I am running out of options here 🙂

Try this

CRM%2FID

If that doesn't work then install this ODATA Query builder and find the column value.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-cy/product/office/WA104051159?tab=Overview

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LuisGuzman98

@abm wrote:

Try this

I am running out of options here 🙂

Try this

CRM%2FID

If that doesn't work then install this ODATA Query builder and find the column value.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-cy/product/office/WA104051159?tab=Overview

Didn't work! 

I'm gonna check that alternative final solution to see.

LuisGuzman98

@abm 

This is a werid Sharepoint list. It was on a Sharepoint 2010 site. I download it to excel, transformed the data and uploaded to this sharepoint online site through an excel export to Sharepoint function I founded. I don´t know if maybe that was the key point that affected my flow or if it is that the Sharepoint list contains almost 3700 items. Because in a testing list I have where I created this solutions things work just fine. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LuisGuzman98 ,

Please try the following method.

The fields that need to be configured in the Filter Query are first filled in Compose, then the mouse is moved to the corresponding Dynamic content to view the expression, and then configure the marked part in the Filter Query.

Image reference:

98.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

LuisGuzman98

Wow yeah that worked! @v-bacao-msft

@abm interesting and easy approach for reviewing the column name. 

Thank you both!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 123 members 5,294 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: