cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Odata filter query not working, expression not valid or the column appears to not exist

 

 

Hello, 

 

Some time ago I have developed a flow for creating and updating a sharepoint list from an excel file that entered the list. I developed in a small testing list and it worked. By now I´m trying to implement it on a bigger sharepoint list of 3700 items and it is not working. 

 

I got a part where I filter query for an ID that it is present in the Excel file uploaded an in the sharepoint list. What I want is to capture from aaall the list just the rows with the ID's founded in the excel file. The filter query is not working. 

 

Sometimes it appears that the column I´m trying to reach does not exist, and actually it does, it is just I don´t know why it doesn't detect it. Sometimes I changed the name of the column, it does find it but it throws the error "The expresion:... it´s nos vallid". 

 

if I change the value to Title it does detect it. But the action doesn´t return any value. Maybe the titles is another column, but then why does it let me create a column with that name?

 

My error: 

This is how my field column is named in my Sharepoint list:

 

 

image.png

This is my fliter query in the flow:image.png

This is my error:

image.png

 

I'm going crazy. Somebody know how to solve this?

 

I really need help

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

 

Hi @LuisGuzman98 ,

 

Please try the following method.

 

The fields that need to be configured in the Filter Query are first filled in Compose, then the mouse is moved to the corresponding Dynamic content to view the expression, and then configure the marked part in the Filter Query.

Image reference:

98.PNG

Hope it helps.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @LuisGuzman98 

 

I can see a whitespace in your SharePoint column name CRM ID. Try replace this with below

 

CRM_x0020_ID

 



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted

Hey @abm !

 

Thanks the reply, I´ve entered that but it throw back at me the following error: 

 

"Column 'CRM_x0020_ID' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user"

image.png

I entered this way:

image.png

 

I really don't know what could be wrong. If insead of that I insert 'Title' it does accept the expression.

Highlighted

Try without spaces

CRMID



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted

@abm

 

No

 

It didn't work either

image.png

 

I really don´t know. please help. This same exact process does work with another sharepoint site and list. This list in the onw I´m trying to implement the flow right now is larger. 

Highlighted

Try this

 

I am running out of options here 🙂

 

Try this

CRM%2FID

If that doesn't work then install this ODATA Query builder and find the column value.

 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-cy/product/office/WA104051159?tab=Overview



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted


@abm wrote:

Try this

 

I am running out of options here 🙂

 

Try this

CRM%2FID

If that doesn't work then install this ODATA Query builder and find the column value.

 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-cy/product/office/WA104051159?tab=Overview



Didn't work! 

 

I'm gonna check that alternative final solution to see.

Highlighted

@abm 

 

This is a werid Sharepoint list. It was on a Sharepoint 2010 site. I download it to excel, transformed the data and uploaded to this sharepoint online site through an excel export to Sharepoint function I founded. I don´t know if maybe that was the key point that affected my flow or if it is that the Sharepoint list contains almost 3700 items. Because in a testing list I have where I created this solutions things work just fine. 

Highlighted

 

Hi @LuisGuzman98 ,

 

Please try the following method.

 

The fields that need to be configured in the Filter Query are first filled in Compose, then the mouse is moved to the corresponding Dynamic content to view the expression, and then configure the marked part in the Filter Query.

Image reference:

98.PNG

Hope it helps.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Wow yeah that worked! @v-bacao-msft

 

@abm interesting and easy approach for reviewing the column name. 

 

Thank you both!

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,110)