cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 Calendar Sync to Google Calendar with Duplicate Events

Hi there,

Since MS removed the Office 365 to Google Calendar Sync Flow, I followed the instructions suggested by others and used their .zip files containing the flow (refer to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bMrHCKs_EzS42KPFzMHow8AagY8aKK5Q/view?usp=sharing).

While the flow works fine, it keeps duplicating the events and I am getting 4+ events everytime it runs! Please help

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @dhuwail 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow? That way we will be better able to identify the issue and assist you with this. The only reason I see that multiple events are getting created is some mis-configuration in a loop in the flow. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you for your response. Please find screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.28.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.29.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.29.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.29.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.30.19 PM.png

Hi @dhuwail

I imported the Flow that you shared and test it on my side, but not find the same issue that create 4+ Duplicate Events:

Run result:

Annotation 2020-01-06 165948.png

Outlook calendar side:

Annotation 2020-01-06 165428.png

Google calendar side:

Annotation 2020-01-06 165250.png

If the create event runs 4+ times, in the run history will find it, did you see anything unusual status in the running history?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dhuwail,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

No the issue is not resolved yet and I am getting the duplicates still. Not sure what the issue is

Hi @dhuwail,

I have confirmed once again that this Flow works well and will not replicate 4+ events on my side.

Do you have other flows for Google calendar that duplicate several of the same events when a new event is created in Google calendar?

You can check the run history of your current Flow to see if it replicates four events, and if it doesn't, it should be as I suspect. Please check to see if there is any similar Flow that will copy Google calendar events.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft @dhuwail 

I am experiencing the same issue. One important thing to note is that the duplications of the event are NOT created during the same run of the flow. They are created during later runs.

I suspect the deletion of the existing google calendar event is not working. It then moves on to creating the "updated" event --> duplicated event.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 13.56.19.png

I also have similar flows existing but they are turned off

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,954)