cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ProphetAds
Level: Powered On

Office 365 Outlook - When a new event is created (V2) - Subject & Body Dynamic Content Not Working

I'm using the "Office 365 Outlook - When a new event is created (V2)" action in a Flow, but the dynamic content for Subject and Body of the event is not working.

I have an O365 Room Resource that I've created. I've allocated the corresponding User Account, PowerApps and Logic Flows & Microsoft Flow Free licenses and have reset the account Password.

I have logged on to Flow with the Room Resource Account and created a Flow which is triggered "When a new event it created (V2)" 

It works fine and triggers the flow which sends an email when a new room booking is made. The email contains dynamic content from the room booking such as organiser, start time and end time.

However, when I use the dynamic content of Subject and Body it does not work as expected.

"Subject" returns the full name of the meeting organiser (the "Organiser" dynamic content option returns the email address of the organiser) - I'd expect it to return the text included in the Subject of the booking

"Body" returns some random HTML, like the below - but does not contain the text added in the body of the meeting request like I'd expect it to.

Has anyone comne across this before please?

<html><head><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Exchange Server">
<!-- converted from text -->
<style><!-- .EmailQuote { margin-left: 1pt; padding-left: 4pt; border-left: #800000 2px solid; } --></style></head> <body> <font size="2"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><div class="PlainText">&nbsp;</div></span></font>
</body>
</html>

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office 365 Outlook - When a new event is created (V2) - Subject & Body Dynamic Content Not W

Hi @ProphetAds,

According to your description, I created a flow which is triggered by When a new event is created (V2), then the action Send an email.

In the action send an email, select dynamic contents Subject, Organizer, Start time, End time, and Body. And enable Yes for Is HTML field.

All the dynamic contents are working as expected. Please check the following screenshots for a reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Please try again with it on your side. If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ProphetAds

Re: Office 365 Outlook - When a new event is created (V2) - Subject & Body Dynamic Content Not W

Thanks Mabel, but I still have the same issue I'm afraid.

Did you use a Room Resource and follow the same steps I took please?

I'm thinking perhaps it's due to permissions on the Room Resource or licenses that the matching User Account has?

Just to clarify, when you create an Office 365 Room Resource a User account with a matching name is created. I allocated the Power Apps & Flow Free licenses to that User account and reset it's password so I could log on to Flow and create the new event trigger when the Room Resource is booked.

Subject was - V2 test Prophet Ads

Body was -

Hi,

please attend ProphetAds meeting.

flow.JPGemail.JPG

ProphetAds

Has anyone else got any ideas about this issue please?

I still can't get it to work properly Smiley Sad

RobsonAraujo
Level: Power Up

I'm with this same issue: the trigger is new event (v2) from an room resource account, and the action is create an event in another account, and the subject field contains the organizer name.

Maybe the issue is related only to Room resources.

RobsonAraujo

Confirmed: when the account used in the trigger is from a room, the event subject sent to the actions (create event or send e-mail) gets the Organizer Name.

When the account used in the trigger is my personal account, the subject sent to the actions is correct (the expected Subject)

RobsonAraujo

@v-yamao-msft, I've been able to reproduce the issue. It only occurs when the account used in the trigger is from a room. When the account used in the trigger is a "normal" account (or instance, my account), the actions get the subject field correctly. 

cjhealy

Also having this issue:

the triggerBody()['Subject'] gets the organizers full name when using the 'When a new event is created (V2)' trigger that is connected to a resource account

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 181 members 4,067 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: