cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 Profile Information - getting user manager

Is there a way you can use Flow to connect to the User directory in Office 365 and retrieve the Contact field information on users?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Crminnovation,

Do you want to get profile of Manager?
Hope this thread could be a reference for you, seems that “Get Manager” works with Azure directory and not SharePoint Online. The thread link is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Office-365-User-Get-Manager-not-working/td-p/8306

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't want to get the user's manager. I want to retrieve information in the users' profile. Like department, office location, etc.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Crminnovation,

Thanks for updates.
I guess the action “Get user profile” might achieve what you want.
I created a flow to get user profile when a new email is arrived, the flow looks like below:

2.PNG

When an email is sent from a user within my organization, I could get the profile information of the user.

Please try if this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mabel,

Thanks for working that up I will take a close look at it.

However, my scenario is a little different. I want the trigger to be a change to the User's profile information - ie they change their Department. Then after the triggering event, I will retrieve their profile fields and update a record in the CRM system. Their are two fields that don't sync from O365 to Dynamics CRM - Office and Department. I need the text value for those fields in CRM.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Crminnovation,

Thanks for your updates.

I understand that you want a trigger “When a user profile is modified”. But it seems that currently we don’t have such a trigger about Office 365 users.

May I suggest you submit an idea on Flow Ideas Forum about this new feature, I will report this from side and suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,724)