cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hyggins
Level: Power Up

Office 365 Users - Search for users - partial email search not working

I am attempting to use the Office 365 Users - Search for users to search for users with a specific domain. For example, I want all users with email addresses that end with @email.org

When I search on a complete email it returns just fine. When I do a partial search on a name such as David, no problem, returns all expected users. When I do a partial search on a term like mith (S is purposefully removed) it will return all Smith's in our system. But when I try a partial email it returns nothing.

Is there a way to have Office 365 Users - Search for users successfully search on partial email addresses?

Thank you!

Grant

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office 365 Users - Search for users - partial email search not working

Hi @Hyggins,

You could use Search for users to get all the user information, and then use Filter array to get all the user information of the Email address containing the specified domain.

Image reference:

31.PNG32.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Hyggins
Level: Power Up

Re: Office 365 Users - Search for users - partial email search not working

Hello @v-bacao-msft,

Thank you so much for this reply and example! Unfortunately, this will not work in my case. We have well over 1000 users and the Search for users throws an error if I go over 999. So I was trying to find out how to use the search action itself to limit the output to below 1000.

Currently, using a method very similar to the one you posted, the Search it pulls the first 999 users. Of those users about 230 make it through the @email.org filtering process. This only gets me about half way through first names that begin with J.

I was hoping there would be some other options with the Search for user action.

Thanks again for your post!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,344)